Adding this must-try food for weight loss can jump-start your diet and give you the nutrients you need in the process.
It can be difficult to lose weight, especially when you have kids and no time to focus on dieting. But that extra layer of belly fat can lead to more serious issues, like obesity, diabetes, and heart problems. Losing weight doesn’t have to be such a pain in the you-know-what though. With Amazon Fresh, you can get these products delivered right to your doorstep and you won’t have to worry about going to the grocery store while saving you precious time. Here are the top nine items you should have on your weight loss grocery list.
Snacking and unhealthy items such as soda can be hard to beat. So, be sure to check out Pressed Juicery, which offers pressed juices that are nutritious.
Must-Try Food for Weight Loss
Beans and lentils are both excellent for weight loss for these reasons:
- They are high in protein and fiber, which helps you feel full.
- Contains resistant starch, which helps you lose weight.
- Helps reduce your calorie intake.
- Most varieties are pretty cheap.
- Beans come in many forms, including black beans, white beans, and pinto beans. This helps you keep your diet varied instead of boring.
2. Sweet Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes are one the best must-try food for weight loss for good reasons. They offer the following benefits:
- Contain a wide range of nutrients.
- They contain fewer carbs than the white counterpart
- Rich source of fiber as well as containing an array of vitamins and minerals
- They are very filling, so you won’t be tempted to fill up on other foods.
- They contain antioxidants.
- They are very affordable and have a good shelf life.
3. Cottage Cheese
Cottage cheese is healthy and can help you lose weight. It’s in the must-try food for weight loss for the following benefits:
- It is high in protein, which can help you feel full.
- Has very few carbs and little fat.
- Reduces your calorie intake.
- It is high in calcium, which may help you burn off fat.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
While not a food exactly, apple cider vinegar is used in a variety of healthy condiments and diluted in water for drinking. Its advantages include:
- It helps you feel full and reduces your calorie intake, especially when used with a high-carb meal.
- Several studies have shown that it helps even obese people lose weight.
- It reduces blood sugar spikes after meals.
- It comes in several varieties and can be used in many ways.
5. Whole Grains
Whole grains offer plenty of benefits and are a must-try food for weight loss because:
- They are high in fiber and protein, which helps to reduce your appetite.
- They come in many varieties. The healthiest types of whole grains are oats, brown rice, and quinoa.
- Oats contain beta-glucans, which are fibers that help you feel full and improve your ability to burn off other foods.
- Brown rice contains resistant starch, which can help you lose weight.
- Oats and brown rice are very affordable and easy to prepare.
6. Chili Peppers
Chili peppers are useful for weight loss, though people who eat them regularly can build up a tolerance, leading to reduced effectiveness. The benefits of chili peppers include:
- They contain capsaicin, which reduces appetite and increases fat burning.
- Their benefits can be obtained from as little as one gram of chili pepper.
- They are easy to add to a diet and affordable.
- You can find capsaicin in most weight loss supplements or in a pure supplement form.
7. Chia Seeds
Chia seeds have grown in popularity in the health food world, for good reason:
- They are high in carbs, but most of these carbs are fiber. This helps to reduce your appetite.
- Though they have not shown significant results in studies, they can provide a great boost to a healthy weight loss diet.
- It’s easy to add chia seeds to any meal.
8. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is also popular in the health food world, as well as green beauty trends. It offers the following benefits for weight loss:
- It contains medium-chain triglycerides, which are a type of fatty acid that helps you feel full and increases the number of calories you can burn.
- Studies have shown that it helps reduce the amount of belly fat.
- It replaces fatty oils during cooking for a healthy alternative.
Like its cousin cottage cheese, yogurt has a lot of benefits for those trying to lose weight. These benefits include:
- Most yogurt contains probiotic bacteria, which improves the function of your gut. Look for yogurts with active cultures.
- Full-fat yogurt reduces your chance of obesity and diabetes. It also has less sugar than low-fat yogurt.
- Most brands of yogurt are pretty cheap and you can find them everywhere.
Losing weight can be as easy as adding a few healthy foods to your diet, or replacing fattier foods with healthy alternatives. Focus on adding one of these foods at a time. Before long, you will lose that belly fat and improve your overall health.
If you’re looking for other healthy food options, we have a few great ones here! And if you’re interested in learning more about keto diets, we also have a great article that will give you the beginning steps to starting your diet!